There are two ways through which you can share your printer on Windows 10. You can make use of either Settings or Control Panel.
However, if you want to share your printer on windows 10, make sure that you set up sharing settings on your system at the same time on other systems that are going to be on the shared printer network.
Note: You must have installed the printer driver on all the PCs to be on the shared printer. Before you turn on the printer, make sure your system is connected to the printer wirelessly or with a USB cable.
1. Step by Step Procedure on How to Share Printer on Windows 10 Using Settings.
- Step 1: Click the Start button.
- Step 2: Click Settings
- Step 3: Go to Device, then click
- Step 4: Under Device, click on Printers & Scanners
- Step 5: Select the Printer you want share
- Step 6: Go down and tick Manage, when you do this, windows 10 will set this printer as your default printer as long as you remain in the same location
- Step 7: Click on Printer Properties, then, choose the Sharing tab
- Step 8: On the sharing tab, click Share this printer
Below are the step by step procedures on how to share printers on Windows 10 by using the Control Panel.
2. Step by Step Procedure on How to Share Printer on Windows 10 Using Control Panel
- Step 1: On the search box on the taskbar, type Control Panel, then click on it.
- Step 2: Click on View devices and printers
- Step 3: Right click on the printer you want to share, select the printer properties, then choose Sharing tab
- Step 4: On the Sharing tab, click on Share this Printer.
After you are through with the sharing settings with the primary PC, the next thing to do now is to connect the shared printer with other PCs (secondary PCs).
3. Steps on How to Connect the Printer Shared to Another System Using Settings
- Step 1: Click on the Start button
- Step 2: Then, click on Settings
- Step 3: Go to Devices, then click
- Step 4: Under Devices, click on Printers & Scanners
- Step 5: Under Printers & Scanners, click on Add printers & scanners
- Step 6: Array of printers will come up, click on the one you want, then click on Add *Device
This action will automatically add the system (PC) to the network of systems on the shared printer.
4. Steps on how to Connect the Printer Shared to Another PC with the use of Control Panel
- Step 1: Type Control Panel on the search box, then click it.
- Step 2: Inside the Control Panel, you will see View devices and printers, click on it
- Step 3: A display of Devices and printers will appear, click on Add printer, this will scan for printers on the network for you to select from.
- Step 4: Look for the Printer that you want, and click on Next
The Sharing Settings you use to share the computer systems (PCs) is turned on by default. But in a situation that it is not turned on by default, you can perform the following steps using settings or control panel.
Turn on Sharing using Setting
- Step 1: Click on Start button
- Step 2: Click on Setting,
- Step 3: Click Network & Internet
- Step 4: Click Wi-Fi
- Step 5: Below Related Settings, select Change advanced sharing option
- Step 6: In Advance sharing settings dialogue box, expand the private section, Next Under network discovery,tick Turn on Network Discovery.
- Step 7: Below File and Printer sharing, tick Turn on File and printer sharing
Turn on Sharing using Control Panel
- Step 1: Type control panel on the search box, then click on it
- Step 2: Look for Network and Sharing Center, click on it
- Step 3: You will see Change advanced sharing settings by the left hand side, Click on it.
- Step 4; This takes you to Change Sharing options for different network profiles, under this
- Step 5: Tick Turn on Network Discovery
Step 6: Also, tick Turn on Files and Printer Sharing