You can connect your iPad or iPhone to a printer with the aid of an in-built Apple technology known as Airprint. Airprint is a wireless feature in iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch (iOS devices) that enables you to print from a printer.
Before you start to print, make sure that your printer is compatible with the device you want to print from. Check the list of printers on your iPhone or iPad to see if your printer is there, if it’s there, it means it supports Airprint. Otherwise, then it doesn’t support AirPrint.
Also, make sure the Wi-Fi network is switched on for both iPad and the printer to enable connection within the range.
The purpose of connecting your device to your printer is to enable printing. And if your business type entails paperwork, you can’t do it without printing.
The whole process is wireless, meaning you don’t need to connect your iPad with any cable.
Steps on how to connect iPad/iPhone to printer
- Open the application you want to print from or the document you want to print
- Look for the print option by tapping the app’s share icon or tap the three dots menu in some other apps
- From the drop-down, tap the print icon or print
- Tap the Select printer option and choose AirPrint enabled printer (the printer you want to print from)
- Select Print options such as the number of copies, identify the pages you want to print,, and select a color or black/white.
- Tap print on the upper right corner.
View or Cancel your print job
Just like printing from a PC, there is the opportunity of terminating your print job(s) while printing, if you feel like it.
Most printers nowadays come with built-in Airprint support from the manufacturers. Because the most convenient way to print from an iPad Apple device is by using the already built-in Airprint function. With these common features, these two devices are made compatible.
You don’t need to install or download any driver before you can print with your iPad iOS device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What If there’s a message of “No availability of Airprint”?
A: Troubleshoot the issue by going to “No availability of Airprint message display”
Q: What If a Wi-Fi network refuses to work, how do I use Airprint to print?
A: Connect your iPad Apple device with Wi-Fi Direct. In this case, your iPad is disconnected temporarily from the internet. Then follow these steps.
- Ensure you switch on the printer, ink cartridge installed,, and paper in the paper tray.
- On your iPad, tap Settings and tap Wi-Fi
- Below choose a network menu, choose your printer with DIRECT as the name
- If a password is requested, tap 12345678 as the default password to log in.
- Open the file you want to print and tap the share icon
- To open the Printer Option, tap the Print icon
- Tap select printer, to select your printer
- Connect back to your local Wi-Fi once the print job finishes.